Berkeley City College (BCC) began their ACE program in the fall of 2009. Since that time BCC has more than doubled their program, developing numerous course innovations. They with plans for increased expansion over the next two years, through the leadership of ACE Master Mentor III and ACE coordinator Chris Lebo-Planas. BCC is offering a limited number of seats to outside college colleagues.
“This has been a powerful experience and transformative. My teaching style will improve because of this experience.
— 2013 BCC FELI Graduate
Leading this FELI
BCC Instructors and ACE FELI Master Mentors III's Chris Lebo-Planas and Shannon Penn will be co-leading this institute. Learn more about them.
Dates and Times
Monday, June 6th thru Friday, June 10th from 8:30AM to 5PM daily. All participants need to attend each day in full.
- A college may purchase individual tickets to send participants to the Berkeley City College FELI for $360 per day per seat ($1800 total per person).
- An early bird rate of $1530/person is available for participants who register and pay by May 2, 2016.
- A group rate of $1495/person is available for groups of five or more participants from a single college, who register and pay by May 9, 2016.
We recommend that a group of faculty and administrators attend a FELI together to obtain the maximum benefit for your school.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and electronic access to the FELI Graduate Guidebook Resource Files are included in in the price.
- Each FELI section is capped at 25 participants.
- Lodging, evening meals and transportation costs are not included.
“The concept of inside-out learning was a major shift in my idea of what a teacher does. Now, I see the student-teacher relationship as collaborative.
— 2014 BCC FELI Graduate
Substitution and Cancellation Policy
Any participant who does not attend the Berkeley City College FELI June 6-10th, 2016 is responsible for the registration fee if their registration is not cancelled by Monday, May 30, 2016. A 20% cancellation fee will apply.
(ACE may consider the substitution of an alternate person for a paid participant on a case-by-case basis.)
No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after May 30, 2016.