Affective Precursors to Academic Performance
This webinar will explore the role of affective or non-cognitive learning in meeting the needs of basic skills students and why it is an important precursor to academic performance. Evidence of academic and affective outcomes will be presented from multiple colleges. Webinar participants will understand how affective learning is important to meeting the needs of today’s basic skills students, and will be clear about next steps for bringing this innovation to their campuses.
Thursday, May 2
Pacific: 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Mountain: 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Central: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Eastern: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Affective Domain Series
In this FREE webinar series, Diego Navarro, full-time faculty member at Cabrillo College and founder of the Academy for College Excellence, discusses:
- Evidence that shows the importance of the affective domain in helping community college basic skills students become academically successful
- Teaching to the affective domain
- Rethinking Orientation to Community College
- Part A: Why Affective Learning is Important & How to Measure Affective Precursors (11/20/12)
- Part B: Who Benefits from Affective Learning? (12/7/12)
- In this two-part webinar from the ACE Affective Domain Series, ACE founder Diego Navarro discusses the role of the affective or non-cognitive domain in meeting the needs of developmental education students in higher education and why it is an important precursor to academic performance. Diego will discuss ACE's measurement approach and the evidence collected over two years from six colleges. View the recordings!
Webinar 2 – Teaching to the Affective Domain (12/7/2012)
In the second webinar from the ACE Affective Domain Series, ACE founder Diego Navarro talked about teaching to the affective domain and what you can do in the classroom to meet the needs of your students. Diego also outlined the professional development workshops and curriculum ACE has developed that prepares community college faculty to meet the affective, non-cognitive needs of community college students.
Webinar 3 – Rethinking Orientation to the Community College (2/1/13)
In this webinar from the ACE Affective Domain Series, ACE founder Diego Navarro discusses the need for an intensive introduction to community college that shifts the students’ mindsets and behaviors toward improved academic performance. He discusses curriculum that addresses and evidence that shows shifts in student’s affective factors. View the recording!
In this webinar, ACE Founder Diego Navarro delves deeper into the concepts he presented in his Change magazine article “Supporting the Students of the Future” and engages participants in an interactive discussion. View the recording! Note that this recording is delivered by CCC Confer, so a nativeplayback app will be loaded on your computer.